Welcome to East Craigs Primary School. We hope you like our new website. Please feel free to have a look around. Our class pages can be found under “Sharing Our Learning”.
Tuesday 7th of February is Internet Safety Day. This is an excellent opportunity for not just pupils but staff and parents also. Below are some useful links of resources to help better inform and assist in keeping children safe on the internet.
Did you know?
- The legal age to have a social media profile such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. is 13.
- Online “chatting” does not only apply to apps and social media. Many games consoles allow the use to talk to others, for example Fifa, Mine Craft etc.
- 25% of young people pretend that they are older than they are to get an online account.
- 5% of teens have admitted to arranging a secret meeting with someone who they have met online.
- The recommendation of “screen time” is 2 hours per day.
Below is a powerful video curtesy of the CEOPs Thinkuknow education programme, that helps children to understand what constitutes personal information. It is also very thought-provoking for parents also. The suggested teaching age for this video is 8-10 year.
Remember to stay SMART
All parents and carers will be most welcome to come and visit both our new hall and our new classrooms from 3.15-4.15pm and also from 6.00-7.00pm on Monday 19th December to see what fantastic new assets these are for our school community.
Thank you to our fabulous PTA for organising yet another successful event for our pupils. Primary 1 and 2 (and the staff!) had a fantastic time with “Tricky Ricky”. Lots of fun and laughter had by all.